Saturday, January 15, 2011

Louks Food Truck...


It was at the 1st Annual OC Foodie Fest back in August 2010, when I had my first experience with Louks and it was love at first bite...When I was making my pre-Foodie Fest strategy of trucks to hit, Louks was not in my top 10...But as I was getting ready to leave the Food Fest, I had room for one more truck..That is when I decided to give Louks a try. I am so glad that I did as it ended up being one of my top 2 trucks of the event. I had the chicken gyro that was layered with big chunks of tender chicken, tzatziki sauce, tomato, onion and french fries...Yes, french fries. It was the perfect ending to a great day.

I have been dreaming of Louks ever since, and saw that they were going to be at the SoCo Farmers Market in Costa Mesa today. So I thought I would rekindle my love for Louks. Today, I had the chicken gyro (yes again) and the honey-n-feta fries. The gyro was as good as I remembered with the fresh pita and tender chicken. But, the star of the day was the honey and feta fries. Slightly crispy french fries, topped with feta cheese and warm honey generously drizzled on top. Perfection. I can see why the  fries are a top seller. I was also looking forward to trying their "Louks" (desserts) for the 1st time, but unfortunately they were not ready. It just gives me another reason to plan a date with the Louks truck.

If you are out and about and come across the Louks food truck, I would highly recommend that you stop. They usually have 2 food trucks out, so they can cover a good portion of LA and the OC. 

  
Check  out the Louks website http://www.loukstogo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment