Saturday, February 26, 2011

Quest for the Best...Donut Star

Two of my co-workers and I are on a quest to find the best donuts. It is our goal to try every donut store we can find, and see how their donuts stand up to the rest.  The Donut Star in Anaheim, Ca was our first stop on this journey.

I have been eating at this particular Donut Star since high school. The donuts are always fresh tasting, but there's nothing too special about them. The employees are nice and helpful, and the prices seem good compared to a few other donut stores I have visited. The three donuts below only cost me $2.35.

The maple bar is always a good choice because the dough part is light and fresh. You get that little hint of grease taste so you know you are indulging. I am not a fan of donut stores were the cake/dough part is not a little greasy. When I splurge on the calories and eat a donut, I want it to taste that way.  It has a light maple glaze on the top, that always looks prestine.


The chocolate cake donut with peanuts on top, was ok. The cake was a little crispy, like it wasn't as fresh or maybe it was a bit over cooked. But, the chocolate icing and chopped nuts (a lot of chopped nuts) on top were good. It did leave a little bit of a weird after taste though.


The rainbow sprinkle donut was better. The cake part of the donut was softer and fresher tasting. It wasn't too dense, and it had a good ratio of icing on top.


 This Donut Star is always a safe bet, for a good tasting donut.

Donut Star
5031 E Orangethorpe Ave
Anaheim, CA 92807
(714) 779-0662

No comments:

Post a Comment