Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Quest for the Best...Donut World

I have grabbed some donuts from Donut World a few times and the donuts are always fresh. The employees (I am sure they are actually the owners) could use some customer service training, and the prices seem kind of high compared to a few other donut stores I have visited. In addition, they charged me 49 cents to use my ATM/Visa Card, without even telling me or having a sign that states that there would be a surcharge for debit/credit purchases.  The 3 donuts below were $3.19. But, lets get to the real bottom line, the taste of the donuts.

The maple bar is probably one of the best I have had recently, the dough is light, fresh, and soft. It felt like it was made 15 minutes before I walked in. The maple topping is more of a maple cream, and not the usual thin layer of maple glaze. It is really really good. You get that little hint of grease taste so you know you are eating bad. After eating this donut, I was satisfyingly full. The donut was so fresh, that the maple cream on top was still warm, so by the time I got to work, it was all messed up (which is a pet peeve of mine).


The chocolate cake donut with peanuts on top, was excellent. The cake part was really moist and cooked to perfection. This donut had more of a chocolate fudgy/creamy top, that was fresh and had the perfect amount of chopped peanuts.


The rainbow sprinkle donut was pretty good also. The cake part of the donut was fresh tasting. It wasn't too dense, and it had a good ratio of frosting on top. Nothing special, it is a rainbow sprinkle, but overall a good donut.


If you have a donut craving, I would recommend you stop by Donut World.

Donut World
27672 Santa Margarita Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
(949) 837-5308

No comments:

Post a Comment