Saturday, March 12, 2011

Albatros

Visited Albatros the other day...having read so much about it on Yelp, I figured I would give it a try because there can never be too much good Mexican food. Albatros is a small local fast food Mexican restaurant in a little strip mall next to Lake Forest Lanes. The place is pretty bare and undesirable inside, but I am more focused on the food, than the paint color of the walls.

On our visited we had a carne asada burrito, a California burrito, and chips with guacamole and cheese on top.

The carne asada was good, the meat was cooked well and had good flavor, and was in a homemade tortilla. I like more fixin's in my burrito as this was about 75% meat, some onions and pico de gallo. I added some of the green salsa from their salsa bar, and it did add another depth of flavor to the burrito.


Ahhh, the California burrito, how I miss you. This burrito was packed with flavor. It was filled with carne asada, cheese, sour cream and some french fries, and again wrapped in a fresh flour tortilla. You need to come hungry to eat this burrito, because it is definitely a belly filler.


Not realizing how big the burritos were, we ordered chips topped with guacamole and cheese on the side. This could have been a meal in itself. The guacamole was nice and fresh and had good flavor and there were two varieties of cheese for even more flavor.


I enjoyed the food at Albatros, but not the environment as much.  When I return, it will be a to-go order. They have a large and extensive menu filled with everything you could image, I recommend you give this place a try, but make sure you bring cash, as they do not accept ATM or Credit Cards.

Albatros
23591 Rockfield Blvd #G
Lake Forest, CA 92630
(949) 859-9600

No comments:

Post a Comment