Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tom's Farms Old Fashioned Hamburgers

It was nice to be back at Tom's Farms today. When I pulled into the parking lot, childhood memories started running through my mind, bringing a quick smile to my face.

First we decided to fill our empty stomachs so that we could concentrate on shopping, so we decided to eat at Tom's Farms Old Fashioned Hamburgers.

Two of us ordered the bacon cheeseburger. It is a good sized hamburger with bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion. It tasted very fresh, just like a well made burger should. I would prefer the bun to be toasted, but you don't find many restaurants that do that these days. To give the burger a little extra punch, I added the house BBQ sauce to my burger. I love their BBQ sauce, wished I could bottle it up and take it home. It has a sweet first bite, with a nice little kick at the end.


My mom ordered the fish 'n chips and was very happy with her selection. She felt the breading to fish ratio was perfect,  very light and crispy. The tarter sauce and malt vinegar just add to the goodness.


Anywhere I see fried zucchini, I like to give it a try. The zucchini had a nice light batter on the outside. I felt it was slightly overcooked, which made it a bit soft inside, but still good. Dip it in some good ranch dressing and I am a happy girl.


You can enjoy your meal inside, but it is a little cramped, especially on weekends when lines start to form. So we decide to eat outside on the patio over looking the pond, that is lined with mature trees. On weekends they even have a live band playing so you can relax and enjoy your meal.

Tom's Farms is a Corona landmark that started as a roadside fruit stand in 1971. From those humble beginnings has grown a metropolis that includes a hamburger stand, Mexican restaurant, furniture store, kid's park with carousel and train rides. They also have pony rides and a little petting zoo and on the weekends you will find a craft fair.  Another popular stop at Tom's Farms is the candy store. As you walk around you can hear everyone saying, "I remember these as a kid" or " I used to love these". The back of the candy store doubles as a fruit stand stocked with local produce.  To top it off, they also have a Cheese and Wine shop, that has hundreds of bottles of wine, different varieties of beer, a large selection of different cheeses along with homemade breads and pastries. Wine tasting is even offered near the back of the store. One stop satisfies culinary cravings, provides shopping opportunities, distractions for the kids and a bit of nostalgia for Mom and Dad.

Tom's Farms
23900 Temescal Canyon Road
Corona, CA 92883

http://shop.tomsfarms.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment