Saturday, February 19, 2011

Morsels Bakery Truck

I was finally able to catch up with the Morsels Bakery Truck this weekend!  I have been looking forward to this moment since the OC Foodie Fest in Aug 2010.

At the OC Foodie Fest, I had the strawberry cream puff. The pastry was light and tasted freshly baked, not overly sweet. There were nice slices of fresh strawberry inside along with a hefty serving of whipped cream, drizzled with a little strawberry sauce. It was one of my favorite items at the OC Foodie Fest.

Today, we caught up the Bakery Truck at SoCo Famers Market in Costa Mesa. Our choices for today were the Lemon Blueberry cupcake and the Strawberry Banana cream puff.

The Lemon Blueberry cupcake was FANTASTIC, with a capital F. The cake was nice and light with a subtle lemon taste. It was topped with their signature cream cheese frosting and blueberries. The cream cheese frosting should be illegal, it is that good. All the flavors went together perfectly. I was tempted to go back and get another one, but figured I needed to exercise a little will power. You can see the before and after pictures.



The Strawberry Banana cream puff was also very good, with the light pastry, fresh strawberries and whipped cream that I remembered from OC Foodie Fest. The banana was a nice little twist to something that I already knew that I liked. I would have liked a little bit more strawberry sauce drizzled over the top, but it was still definitely very good.



So far, my first choice is still the Lemon Blueberry cupcake, but I look forward to tracking down the Bakery Truck again, and eating my way through the rest of the menu. Who knows what my next favorite will be......

http://morselsbakingco.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment