Thursday, March 3, 2011

D W Subs & Sub-Zeros

I have been going to D W's for over 20 yrs...I first discovered the place while I was a student at Esperanza High School. Now, I work 2 blocks away and visit for lunch as often as possible.  I get the added bonus of fond memories in addition to the great food.

I always order the Roast Beef Club..it comes with roast beef, lettuce, onion, mayo, bacon, avocado and of course my favorite, the Italian dressing...I love it, love it, love it....In a perfect world, I would be able to buy bottles of this Italian dressing to use at home. Every time I visit, I always say I will try a different sandwich today, but always end up getting my old faithful roast beef club.


Their garlic bread is also a good bet....it's topped with tomatoes and melted cheese and (of course) drizzled with the famous Italian Dressing... The bread is fresh and it comes to you all warm and gooey with the cheese melting on top. Perfection!


The owner, who works behind the counter 95% of the time, still remembers me from high school, and knows my order as soon as I walk in the door...



D W's offers at least 30 different kinds of sandwiches, the pizza sub and bomber are also very popular among those who visit.

I highly recommend this little sandwich shop. You might want to time your visit so that you miss the "rush" as the high school gets out because the kids like to order and then hang around - so it can become a bit crowded.

D W Subs & Sub-Zeros
5031 E Orangethorpe Ave
Anaheim, CA 92807
(714) 779-2618

No comments:

Post a Comment